ROLLED-UP BLACK FLAG: Warning from head flag person, you've done something wrong!
BLACK FLAG: Disqualification leave the race immediately, and that means you're out for the day!!!!!
WHITE FLAG: Last lap.
CHECKERED FLAG: End of race, winner gets a vicory lap with checkered flag.
13. Drivers will be assigned number for each race.
14 ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RACE.
1. If a red flag occurs on the first lap, there will be a complete restart, side by side. If a second red flag occurs
on the first lap, repeat complete restart, side by side. If a third red flag occurs on the first lap, there will be a single
2. If the same racer causes two red flags, the racer will restart in the back.
3. If red flags occur after the first lap is completed, there will be a single file restart, with the person causing
the red flag starting in the back. If the head-flagger can't determine who caused the red flag, all racers involved in the
altercation will be lined up in the back.
4. After a red flag, starting order will be determined by position during the last full lap completed. It will be based
on the order the racers crossed the start/finish line in the last full lap completed.
5. Red flag laps do not count toward total laps of race to be completed.
Engine and Drive Train
1. Any single cylinder, valve-in-block gas engine, originally produced for use on riding lawn mowers, also referred to
as an "L" head engine. NO OVER-HEAD VALVE ENGINES! Engines must be "out of box stock," no internal modifications, including
no blueprinting! External modifications limited to removing the muffler and replacing with a header. Exhaust design
is open, but must terminate away from the driver and competitors, in a rearward and/or downward direction and present no apparent
"out of box stock" means:
No porting or polishing
No boring or over sizing cylinder
No head replacement or milling
NO ALTERING STOCK CAMSHAFT
NO MIXING OR MATCHING PARTS FROM DIFFERENT HP ENGINES
Engine must have stock balancer: Must use stock valves and springs, no shimming allowed. Engine may be rebuilt, which
allows you to:
Hone cylinder wall and reuse stock or aftermarket piston and rings to original specifications for engine size.
MAY NOT BE OVERSIZED AT ALL!
Remove carbon from exhaust and intake ports with de-greaser only. No grinding, wire wheel, sandpaper or steel wool
allowed. No carbureator modifications. Standard air cleaner preferred, but will allow an aftermarket air cleaner.
2. Ignition must be stock. Older points systems may be replaced with electronic ignition. Stock ignition
timing only! No advanced timing!
3. Electric or pull starters only. No push starts.
4. IT IS NOW OPTIONAL TO HAVE AN OPERATIONAL REVERSE GEAR!
5. Unleaded Pump gas only. No alcohol based fuel. Stock fuel system only. No auxiliary fuel systems
such as nitrous oxide.
6. Any type throttle may be used but must operate freely and have an operable return spring.
7. Gas tank must be securely attached and ressonably protected. Battery must be well secured and covered.
That means under the hood.
8. TRANSMISSION/TRANS-AXLE MUST BE FROM A LAWNMOWER. Solid axel from a lawnmower may be used. Burden of proof
is on the racer. i.e. must be able to obtain all parts from a lawn mower dealer. Differntial may be locked.
9. Clutch must work and be lawnmower type. No centrifugal clutches.
10. Any exposed belts/chains must have a guard.
11. Mowers must have an operational runaway, (Driver Dismount) kill or tether switch. Preferably the plug type commonly
used in racing. The tether must be securely attached to the rider any time the engine is running/
12. Rear axel should use shaft locks, center bolts or thru-bolts to secure the rear wheels.